Amusement Park Injury
Attorneys serving clients throughout Texas
Amusement parks, theme parks, adventure parks and water parks found in countless cities across the U.S. and abroad are a popular source of entertainment for children, teens and adults.
In terms of publicity and insurance obligation amusement park owners have a vested interest in ensuring their rides and facilities are as safe as possible. Regulations applicable to amusement park rides vary from state to state. In Texas, amusement parks operate under the safety laws of the Texas Department of Insurance. Despite state laws and the best efforts taken by ride operators and park owners to maintain standards and enact safety measures, accidents happen.
According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), factors that most often contribute to amusement park injuries are:
- Mechanical failures such as missing safety pins, broken welds or structural components, exposed electrical wires, malfunctioning lap bars or other safety restraints or failure to shutoff.
- Operator Behavior: abruptly stopping the ride, improperly assembling or maintaining the ride.
- Consumer behavior: intentionally rocking cars, standing up, defeating safety restraints, sitting improperly, holding a child above the safety restraint.
- Other: rides that injure people while apparently functioning normally, without any unusual behavior on the part of the consumer or operator. For example, eye hemorrhage.
- Combination: operator suddenly stopping a ride when he heard an unusual thumping sound due to a bent rail.
If you or a family member has been injured at an amusement park, it is important to consult an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. If your claim is not filed within set time limits, you may not be able to recover damages.
When you turn to Bailey & Galyen for help, our attorneys will carefully evaluate the circumstances surrounding your injuries and assess liability to determine whether or not you have a case. Generally, three areas of law (negligence, referred to as tort law, product liability and premises liability law) apply to amusement park injury, and we will examine each and determine whether or not you have a case.
Our attorneys have won significant settlements and verdicts for clients injured in amusement park, theme park, water park and zoo ride accidents. Contact us today to arrange an appointment with one of our personal injury attorneys. We take all cases on contingency, meaning there is never a fee until we recover a settlement in your favor.
We provide skilled legal representation to individuals across the State of Texas including the Dallas Fort Worth communities of Arlington, Bedford, Dallas, Fort Worth, Irving, Grand Prairie, Mesquite and other cities in Texas including Houston Clear Lake / NASA, Texas.