Leslie J. Burgoyne
A Fort Worth, Texas native, Leslie attended the University of North Texas, where she studied Business Management, earned an «Outstanding Student» Award, and participate in the Professional Leadership Program. Leslie graduated Cum Laude in May 2000.
Leslie attended law school at Texas Wesleyan School of Law in Fort Worth, Texas. She received academic scholarships and won an award for best appellate brief in a moot court competition. Despite being a single mother who worked while attending law school, Leslie continuously achieved recognition on the Dean’s list and graduated in the top 12% of her class.
In 2007, Leslie started her own law practice, focusing on litigation, family law, and small business matters. Leslie has provided legal services to a wide variety of businesses including many non-profit organizations such as churches, sports leagues, and charities. She currently serves as general counsel to three local non-profit corporations.
Leslie joined Bailey & Galyen in 2014, in our Fort Worth office on Summit Ave. In Leslie’s spare time, she volunteers for several local non-profit organizations, such as a local women’s flat track roller derby league.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- 70% Business Litigation & Appeals
- 5% Contracts
- 10% Non-Profit Organizations
- 10% Family Law
- 5% Criminal Law
- 70% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2009
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas
Honors: Received Academic Scholarships
Honors: Best Appellate Brief in a Moot Court Competition
Honors: Top 12% of her Class
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas
B.B.A.cum laude – May, 2000
Honors: «Outstanding Student» Award
Major: Business Management
Past Employment Positions
- Law Office of Leslie J.Burgoyne, Sole Practitioner, 2007 – 2014
Pro Bono Activities
- Dallas Derby Devils, 2010 – Present